google your screen name

Have any of you ladies ever Google your screen name and notice that some of the post you have placed on here come up within the search results. I'm wondering if there is a way to stop that.

chrissyb2287

Asked by chrissyb2287 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I never tried that. That sounds kind of scary that they appear.
    sweetmama0607

Answer by sweetmama0607 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Just tried it.....what the heck?
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Yeah....I don't think there's much you can do. Be careful what you post, lol!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• wow that sucks
    Anonymous

• Anything you post online is going to show up. Best way to combat it? Dont use the same name twice in any forum. Dont post anything you dont want the public to read. Post in groups that are closed. Use a common online name like mama234 or whatever.
    Anonymous

• I wonder if your page is private will it post?.. I did not know that.. and I dont like it.. I thought that what was said here on cafemom was somewhat private, I mean I know the internet is open to everything... but I thought that would not show... thanks for the tip!
    yvonne37

Answer by yvonne37 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• wow.. amazing.. I just put my page as private and I can still get to see it if I google my screen name.. thats not good because I have my kids pictures on my page... hum... now Im debating if I should delete their pictures?....
    anyway thank you for sharing this info with us!.
    yvonne37

Answer by yvonne37 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• oooooooo that was creepy especially since everyone I know, knows my nick name
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 7:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Hi chrissyb2287,

Security and privacy are important, and we believe CafeMom gives some of the best and most comprehensive tools to protect your security.

Here is a link to our CafeMom Security and Privacy Tips. We hope that this information helps answer your questions:

http://www.cafemom.com/about/privacy_tips.php

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

^The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 11:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2008