any of you ever have a miscarage?

can you tell me your eperiance? my period is late 12 days which aint normal then i was going to take a test and i started this morning i had horible cramps yesterday and today when i started and ever since 9 this morning till now i have went through 3 super tampons and still had leaks because there is soo much and it almost looks purple. could this be a miscarage? just wondering what your experiance was like? does this sound like it or just a REALLY bad period? thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My experience was very bad cramping and CHUNKS of blood and matter coming out and alot of bleeding. It could be different for everyone. You should probably check with your dr. If it was a miscarriage, it could still show you are pregnant on a blood test.
    emptynestmom456

Answer by emptynestmom456 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Sounds like it could possibly be a miscarriage. I have had several miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy. Miscarriage pain feels a lot like really strong cramps. I remember with my first miscarriage, it felt like an elephant was sitting on my pelvis, with my second it was more bearable, however. You should go to the doctor and tell them what's going on. They'll do a urine test to check for hcg, if that turns out negative, demand a blood test to confirm. After that they'll do an ultrasound to determine how much "products of conception" (god I hate that word, it's so cold) in your uterus, and depending on that, give you oxytocin and some narcotic pain relief. Don't wait to go to the hospital, get yourself checked out!! And don't make my mistake, if you're not insured, claim that you're indignant so you don't have to pay a big medical bill.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Oh, and don't just make an appointment for next week.. if you did have a miscarriage it is very important to go to the ER as soon as possible!
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Go to the ER and don't wear tampons.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2008