How do I get my ex's wife to stop smoking around my daughter and in a car when she's in it?

Is smoking around kids illegal?

botbotsmom

Asked by botbotsmom at 1:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Health

• Why is she being exposed to your kid??
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• No it's not illegal. If you don't like it then don't let her around your kid. Don't let hubby take your kid near her. I wouldn't let my kid go someplace I didn't want them...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If she's your daughter, the control is simple.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If I were you I would talk to your ex as I presume that this is when your daughter is with her father?
    And no I don't think it's illegal.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• When my daughter goes to their home on his weekends
    botbotsmom

Answer by botbotsmom at 1:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• yea thats what i am wondering why does your hubbys ex have your kid
    Anonymous

• I have asked her many times to please not do it around her. And she agreed to stop.. But my daughter comes home smelling like smoke. And then I confront them. And it gets ugly
    botbotsmom

Answer by botbotsmom at 1:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Ok, I read it bakwards...sounded the your hubby's ex was the problem...it's your ex's wife. I see now. Tell hubby the rules. If he isn't willing to follow them then complain to the judge. You are just as much a parent as he is. It's just not healthy!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• okay i got confused when i read the question now i gt it. duh. i would talk t your ex and try to have him deal with it if that doesn't work then confront the wife
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If its your ex husband( father of child and wife I dont think there is anything you can do about it. My friend has the same problem. The only thing is the wife wont let the little girl do stuff and makes her go to a church that isnt the mothers religion. The lawyer told her that there was nothing she could do about it. It isnt child abuse and it is the fathers wife. So basically what happens in that house happens and it doesnt matter.
    Anonymous