Sleepless nights...

UGH I dunno what is doing it, I dunno if it is the baby moving.. heartburn, gas, having to lay on my side and freaking out about turning over or what.. but I wake up every 40 minutes.. I am going crazy I want some sleep. Bad enough that I am extra tired from being pregnant.. but I can't sleep anyone have any suggestions or possible causes that I am not thinking of..

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 7:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• all of the above are the cause lol..youre pregnant its only normal to have sleeping problems..i am 34weeks and everynight i wake up every two hours to go to the bathroom..now if you dont have to pee then try a body pillow under your side and belly..take a tums smoothie yummy before bed and see if your doctor will let you take tylenol pm they normally do because it is a tylenol product but if he says no take a regular tylenol to see if that helps at all..your body reacts differently to everything now so a lot of it is trial and error..but just think its good practice for when baby gets here and doesnt sleep through the night either..thats what i try to tell myself and see if you can nap too..when i get off work i take a nap cuz its the only good sleep i get anymore for some reason my body will rest then but not when it should at night
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I had similar problems when I was pregnant and I'm pretty sure the primary cause for me was hormones. To this day I have hormone-related sleeping problems.
    Sorry, just remember the pregnancy won't last forever. Hang in there!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• There's no magic answer to that I'm afraid. I'm 37 weeks, have sciatica, need constant wee's and have 2yr old twins who wake me in the night too, so I empathise with your tiredness!!
    Twinminator

Answer by Twinminator at 9:08 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• ask your doc if you can take tynole pm they let me
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• im 33 weeks and sleep is so hard for me right now, i wait untill im so tired that i cant hold my eyes open anymore then i lay down, it workd for a couple hours!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 8:01 AM on Feb. 17, 2011