Asparagus??

I love asparagus :) I'm serving it tonight at a dinner party. Usually I marinate in garlic and lemon and grill or broil it. I was wondering if you had any other ways to make it (keeping it simple because of the other dishes I'm serving.)

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 7:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My daughter loves them roasted in the oven. I take the raw asparagus and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil, a little bit of balsamic vinegar and kosher salt. Bake at 450 deg for about 15 min.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I usually steam it, and use seasoned salt, water and some butter and steam it for around 20 minutes.

Answer by gemgem at 7:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• boil them and then put them in a tray add breadcrumbs and cheese and bake them . They come out delish and I am not big into cooking but it is so simple to make.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I make creamy soup with it, thicken it with whipped cream cheese, awesome!

Answer by older at 7:57 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My family's favorite asparagus dish is a casserole with boiled eggs, pimentos and lots of cheese. It's one that I can make ahead and refrigerate and then bake at the last minute. It's probably a bit more involved than what you are looking for, but it is delicious.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:25 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I steam it in the microwave, it's super simple. Place trimmed asparagus in a glass dish with a tablespoon of water and cover with plastic wrap. Cook for about 5-6 minutes and then top with a compound butter or plain butter and season with a little salt and pepper.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• If you have the thin tender, only steam for 6-7 minutes.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Mmm, love asparagus. I usually do the same as gemgem.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I like to roast it too. I use olive oil and basil.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Robin - that sounds perfect!! I wonder if lemon would be ok in place of the balsamic (I'm serving a balsamic reduction with a London Broil).
    Scuba

Comment by Scuba (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2011