i was wondering...

this may be a dumb question to some of you but m just wonering i have a 5 month old baby girl im breastfeeding her and im loosing NO weight haha infact im gaining and i was just wondering if i could take slimfast like all of it the shakes the bars cause i want to loose some weight but i really dont know how to being as though im BF so what do you guys think??

the_shy_one

Asked by the_shy_one at 1:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Do not take slimfast, I never lose weight when breastfeeding. I always have gained weight.. and know many others that do the same.. unfortunately I didnt get that benefit of losing weight lol. You can implement weight watchers they have a points system that includes points for nursing moms. Or just watch you daily intake on your own but be careful and not take it down too much, start gradually. If you have 2 pieces of bread at breakfast start having only one etc. I dont diet while i am breastfeeding because I have tried and I do not lose any weight unless I close to starve myself which is not okay when you are breastfeeding. My body holds onto fat and calories when I am bfing like no tomorrow. Try working out that did actually help me somewhat!
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If you continue to breastfeed you will loose weight but you have to watch what foods you are eating I mean if you eat junk food often then healthy food than it will take awhile.
    While you breastfeed eat right and try using a maternity belt it is a wide belt that goes around your belly and it has velcro on it. It helped me but of course we get comfortable with ourselves that we tend to forget to stick with it. Just put in on and don't put it on too tight just enough where you feel some kind of support I used to sleep with mine but it could be alittle discomfort. Try it everyone is different. That would b my advice to you good luck.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You need about 2000 calories a day breastfeeding if you stay there you should lose weight, any more than that and you'll gain
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 4:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2008