help... 2 year old advice

my son is 2 and a half will be 3 in april, i would like to find a mother that is still sane after 2's !!!! i also have a 5 year old that was a angel compaired to this one . my 2 year old gets into everything and at this point he is smart enough that it is dangerous lets see a couple of things he has done , got into strawberry surup and poured it ALL over my white carpet climes on counters useing his body wieght and gets into the cabnets bleach and as pluged in my iron thats not reachable and burnt a hole in my carpet . i have child proofed my house acordingly and he still figures out how to get in to everything .. it drives me nuts .. i have tried everything i know time outs, firm voice, spankings which i dont like to do , he is almost more then i can handel help me figure something out please

NCHJ23

Asked by NCHJ23 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've got 5 children over the age of 2, and I'm still alive (but barely..). My 5 year olds are little monkeys and they used to figure out how to get into anything, they kept calling 999 so we put the phone on top of the dresser and they managed, together, to get that high, it completely drove me crazy. At the time the only way we found to deal with it was to watch them constantly and always try to distract them with something. Good Luck, remember this won't last forever!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I have 5 kids and every child is different. What works best for me and my kids is redirecting them to different things and getting their attention off what they were doing that isnt what you want them to do. Make sense? Not to mention I have noticed boys are alot more rambuctious then little girls. What we do here is craft time and we make things for about 2 hours. We then go for a walk or outside to play for another 2 hours, then nap time. Keeping a schedule and burning off that energy is always the best way.

Answer by gemgem at 1:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2008