..do you believe that a mentally ill person would go to hell if they committed suicide?

I just know a lot of people say the only "unforgiven" thing is to take your own life..so i'm just curious what some of the responses will be.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Religious Debate

• No I don't think so. If they are truly mentally ill, they cannot be held fully responsible for their actions.
    Twinminator

Answer by Twinminator at 8:47 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I sure hope not.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 8:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• no.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:06 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think we have no idea what is running through someone's mind and therefore can not say what their final thoughts are-
    I also do not believe that suicide is a sure ticket to hell-
    I believe hell is for hypocrites-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:27 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• no one really knows.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:27 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I don't believe in hell, or that God is that unforgiving that He wouldn't understand or have compassion on someone in that position in the first place.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I don't beleive in hell. There are laws of the universe. We have our own lives and experiences and should not judge anyone for what choice they made. The hardest lesson in my opinion is to forgive and love unconditionaly, and to not judge anyone. My Dad had mental illness and he was scared that someone was coming to get him, he took all his heart medication and passed away. I know he planned it because he left notes for all his children. I never once thought he went to a bad place. As a matter of fact, he came to me in a dream and said he was ok.

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Nope.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Not my belief system - but if the rule must be all suicides go to hell, how could they not?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You already know my answer... re: only those who deny Jesus will not go... yet GOD looks at the deep recesses of the heart of mankind and judges. The Word of God is specific.

Mental illness can be healed btw. Read the demoniac man story. That was a classic case of mental illness brought on by demonic forces.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2011