Anybody got any tips for juggling twin toddlers and a new baby?

PS one twin has autism...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My twins are 1 and I can't imagine having a baby. Maybe you'll get some good advice in one of the twin communitites.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Good Luck. Be patient and remember to sleep when they sleep. Its going to be hard. I dont have twins but i do have 3 kids ages 4, 2 and 11 months old and my oldest has adhd and develpmental delays. Try to let the twins help with the new baby so they dont feel left out, let them get you a diaper, wipe or toy for the baby and always remember to PRAISE your children for good behavior. Best of luck to you and your family.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I'd pick the hardest part of your day (say, 8am to noon for example) and try to get a mothers helper in there a few days a week. occasionally (depending on your city/location) you can get wonderful college girls in and they'll get a credit or 2 in child development or similar course work they're doing

also find and use as many play groups, drop in centers, indoor play areas, etc as possible that can entertain the twins while you sit and snuggle w/ the new baby. also any classes you can afford to tire them out and maximize their nap(s)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I have two toddlers that are 3 and a baby that is 3 months old. I find that involving the kids with the baby as much as I can helps with any jealousy. And they are actually excited to help me with the baby. They will get diapers and throw away dirty ones for me. With bath time they will have the hooded towel ready to put right on her head. They love helping. I let them feed the baby (when I have extra stored since I am nursing) and of course very carefully watched. Also, I have the twins help with chores. They carry several small piles of their own clothes and set them on their dressers/bed. When its time for daddy to come home I tell them we want the house to be clean for daddy so I assign them things to put away. Good luck and congrats on your new little one!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• THANK YOU for your answers, just knowing others are in a similar boat is so so helpful :o))
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Oh also the biggest thing that helps me...the twins learned early one to gently give the baby the pacifier. I can't tell you how many times I was cooking dinner or cleaning and the baby started crying and the twins helped calm her with the pacifier. Just another tip I thought of.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i dont im sorry
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2011