Pregnant with tubes tied?

Period is 6 days late, feels like my right ovary (or that area) is throbbing at times. My tubes are tied, 4 years ago they were done. Therefore we don't use condoms, birth control, ect. I started feeling sick the week before my period was due (coincidence?).

I have worried about ectopic pregnancy since I read they are higher chance with a tubal ligation.

Would it come up on a home HPT? What about the dollar store ones? (lol)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Health

• A pregnancy with your tubes tied will still show up on a HPT. And yes, the dollar store ones work too. I'm wishing the best for you, that can be a scary situation.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 9:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I have researched this a bit because my tubes are tied also. Some people do have postive HTP and some have the faint, uncertain postives. I wouldn't wait too long before going to the doctor... better safe than sorry.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 9:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• While rare it is possible. I would definitely get a pregnancy test and the dollar store one work fine. Even if that came back negative I would be calling the doc though because if it is an ectopic it can cause some major problems if not caught and taken care of in time.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Take a test, it should show up on a HPT if you are pregnant. If you are still having pain, call the Dr.
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 1:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I know 2 women that got pregnant after a tubal and carried the babies full term. A tubal is NOT 100% effective. IF you think there is a problem then GO TO THE DOCTOR.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yes, check with your doctor...he should offer to re-do the surgery for free in this case..since I would be very very upset if I thought I dont' have to worry about pregnancy anymore--yet became pregnant. Sigh....they should've cut and burned the ends of your tubes..not just "tied them" (if that's what they did). Eptopic pregnancy is very dangerous..but as long as you catch it in the early stages, you will be fine..but don't wait too long...do take a test asap, and then contact your doctor asap, and let us know what happens sweetie.
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2011