SO: If smoking is suicide, is forcing others to suffer with your second hand smoke murder?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 9:40 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol good point. Maybe? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• no but it's terribly rude and thoughtless
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Forcing others? People have the option of walking away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Kids in cars don't have the option to walk away. I am a smoker, I have been my entire adult life minus the 3 years I was pregnant and/or nursing my 2 kids. I do not ever smoke around them, not in the car, not in the house. I won't even let them get around me when I go outside to smoke. I believe you should always be considerate of the people around you.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Kids in a home or in a car do NOT have the option to walk away and many people smoke there all the time. I should not have to walk out of a restaurant because someone lights up beside me and I don't want to smell it. There are many situations where smokers are indeed "forcing" others to breathe their second hand smoke.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:47 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Definitely reckless, disregard for human life.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• the argument of a non-smoker having the right to eat in clean air (or any establishement, for that matter, for any activity) beating out the right of a smoker to 'light up' always slays me. what makes your 'right' one-up someone else's 'right'? you have the right to exercise choice in picking a non-smoking establishment..and there are plenty!
    you 'logic' is flawed, IMO.

and yes, i don't want to smell cigarette smoke, either...but i have the CHOICE to avoid those places where its occurring.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Just my opinion here --- One person's right stops when it infringes on the well being of another - which is why non-smokers should be able to have their right "beat out" the smoker's right.
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I don't think anyone has the right to harm others, period! Everyone has a basic right to life and health. If a smoker chooses to risk his/her own life and health, that is his/her choice. Risking others' is unacceptable.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:43 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• get into the car of a smoker who isnt smoking right then and tell me what you smell.. get around a smoker who is not smoking right then and tell me what you smell. Pick up their jacket while they are in another room and tell me what you smell. Yup you got it.. second hand smoke. You don't have to be next to a person smoking to smell smoke!

Cancer runs in my family is you are a smoker and I am sure second hand smoke isnt exempt. I refuse to get cancer because of someone elses choices!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 17, 2011