What would you do? (Work Question)

I had a full time in-home babysitter, my son didnt like anyone but me & my mom when I went back to work so my mother started watching the kids - it was a bit much & my son finally got over his clingy-ness and so my baby sitter came back for 2 days a week and my mom watched them the other 3, well my baby sitter quit and my mom is a bit overwhelmed with my kids 3 days a week (she's in her upper 50's, my 2 kids she has all day long are amlost 3 & 1 so lots of chasing) - I cant seem to find a replacement that I trust, and daycare is outragous around here ($150 for 2 days!) I have the option with my job to go to part-time and work 3 days a week but I actually kinda like my job.

Should I go part-time, keep looking for someone I trust or just say screw it and be a SAHM? (Hubby is NO help in this decision.. I'll catch grief no matter which one I choose)

bluerubychick

Asked by bluerubychick at 9:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• Froghopper, most jobs don't work like that! I doubt that she'd be able to go back to her full-time job once she can find a babysitter.

Think about what you want in the long-run. The babysitter problem is a very short-term situation, although it IS very frustrating and is focusing a lot of your energy right now.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I would do part-time,while looking for someone else to babysit.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Find another babysitter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I would quit and stay home, but, in truth, you are the only one who can make this decision.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i would go part time too ..just until i found a babysitter, then go back to full time.
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 1:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2011