Why can't men listen???????????????

We are renovatting the house one room at a time this week it is the kitchen. My dh do not know anything about hooking up pipes I asked him "You want me to call a professional?" He says "No I got it." This damn man been looking under the sink for the past 30 min. The water is off I haven't had my shower this morning, ds wants breakfast but can't cook anything becasue we have no water. And the bad thing about is he has to leave in a couple of hours to go to a meeting. I have a feeling we are going to be without water for a very long time. Why can't he take my advise? Any of you ladies go through this with your husbands?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Don't like to hear they are wrong. Mine likes to have things his way. I told him the other day that this isn't McDonalds. , lol
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Oh yeah, they think they know it all, and will do anything in order not to pay to have a professional do it!

Answer by older at 9:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Get off Cafemom and go to DIY
    and find out as much as you can to help get this taken care of.
    Contribute to the solution. Don't make the problem bigger.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• After he leaves call a plumber as long as you can afford it. I would also find somewhere else to visit for the day since you have no water.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• IKR he is so damn cheap. lol
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• LOL... If I were a friend that lived next door to you, I'd bring you over a cup of coffee and sit there and laugh with you about it! Thats a typical man thing to do right there, isn't it? Tell him to have fun and load the kids up and go get some Mcdonalds for breakfast and call a professional later!
    Good Luck!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I ditto tootoo! Find directions or something online. You know though, what he is hearing you say is, "you're an incompetent buffoon, not a plumber! ".
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Even if I find out how to do it he still is not going to listen to me. After all he thinks he know everything. If I can show him the website he would do the opposite of what it says because it is not his great idea. lol
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Just go ahead and call the plumber!!!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• A man has his pride and doesn't want to have to break down and admit he cannot do this himself and they are territorial sometimes, letting another man in the area he should be able to take care of on his own.... just tell him it's okay to admit defeat and call a plumber or go out and buy a book on plumbing
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2011