South Park

Ok...I seriously hate...not just dislike but hate this show. It is vulgar, obscene, violent, lacking in any moral or educational value...and yet my husband insists on watching it. I made the comment today that it's a cartoon made for adults who refused to grow up, and he said "What are you trying to say?" Like...duh!

My mother is gay, and I support her choices. I wouldn't find them the right choices for me, but they make her happy, and that is what is important to me. He just watched an episode (our computer's in the livingroom, so I listened to the episode.) and it spent the entire time bashing homosexuals, and my husband's laughing his head off the whole time. Meanwhile our son is sitting here listening to everything. I've told him before that I hate the show, and really do NOT want our son watching it. I don't even want him hearing that crap...

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this issue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Entertainment

• I do not like the show and do not allow it to be watched in our home.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:57 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My husband likes Family Guy, whatever makes him happy I guess. But he WILL NOT watch it in front of my children.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My teen son loves it. He called me in last night to watch last night and it was so funny I had tears rolling down my face. You have to be able to laugh at yourself.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• my husband likes it and i hate it. i thought it was funny when i was like 12. now its just the stupidest shit on television IMO. i do have a sense of humor and a dry one at that, i find family guy funny but southpark not at all! i dont care if he watches it but not around our young, impressionable children!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You are not alone here, I hate it too, and I do not have little ones! there is nothing funny about continued degrading comments.

Answer by older at 10:26 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• If you hate it, leave the room when your husband watches it. It's a funny show, they make fun of EVERYTHING! But only those of whom have a stick-free anus would appreciate the humor. ;D
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• actually, only those of you who have the mental capacity of a 10 year old would appreciate the humor. ;D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I'm right there with you. Not entertainment in any form or fasion.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I like it. I will watch South Park and Family Guy. Yeah the humor is crude. That's part of why I like it! Every day you have to smile at the jerks and keep your mouth closed at the rediculous actions you see happening all around you, and for me these shows say all the things I could never/would never EVER say/do in my day to day life. Sometimes they go waaaay too far, but they pretty much have to go with the 'if one thing is okay to make fun of, then all of it has to be okay to make fun of' All or nothing.
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i think the show is funny somtimes but it really is nonsense the way they bash some people. once i have our little girl we will no longer watch it unless she's not around, i don't blame you for being upset. i'd tell hubby how you feel and let him know that show needs to be banned from your house if your child is around. good luck!
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 11:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2011