What do you do for Easter?

Do you go to Church, give your children Easter baskets, hide Easter eggs or something else? What is your tradition for Easter?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Holidays

• We go to church, big family dinner, Easter egg hunt, we also do Easter baskets.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i dress the kids in cute easter outfits and have little baskets on the table for them when they wake up. then we go outside and have an easter egg hunt, and usually spend the day with family where either my mom or MIL will serve up a huge meal.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Maybe this year she'll be old enough for a basket. Other than that... nothing.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:26 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• we go to church, as any sunday. we eat dinner, as everyday. we may or may not hunt eggs..but we always color them. its fun, and i love boiled eggs/deviled eggs.
    we take a family photo, usually outdoors in the garden area, where hopefully the landscaping has plenty of colorful blooms.
    that's about it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:26 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I love Easter (and i'm agnostic, lol) becasue we celebrate spring, new briths (animals, tree's). I hide easter eggs in our backyard for the kids. It's so much fun to watch them enjoy! Then we have a big family dinner with all our extended family. Some of our family members go to church that morning, so we do eveything in the afternoon. I love to make special desserts for the dinner too, like bunny cakes!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:28 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• we usually have baskets hidden in the house somewhere for them to find when they wake up then get go to church and come home and i make easter lunch/dinner. and if the church is having an egg hunt then we do that but not a whole lot. its just an excusse for us to relax and eat alot.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Easter is the biggest holiday of the year for my family. We go to the Easter Vigil, have a big lunch together and an egg hunt. For years we have had no children so it's all adults. One person hides like 100 eggs and we all go search.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• For Ostara we do a dinner of "spring"-y foods. Easter egg hunt. Baskets with bunny tracks on the floor leading to said baskets. Church if we are near my family on actual Easter.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Nothing, it's not my holiday. We'll be eating lots of matza and the like.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2011