Any one know anything about AA hair?

My dd has hair texture is like a biracial child's hair(but she is not biracial). It is soft with big curls. My problem is her hair and scalp is always dry. I have tried baby oil.She is only 2 months so I would only like natrual products in her hair. Do you know of any products that will help with dryness? Oh yeah, something that is light because her hair is so thick it smells pretty bad. I can wash her hair everyday and put baby oil on it. The next day hair is dry and stink.

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Olive oil instead of baby oil. And wash her hair less often, my daughter's hair is like your daughter's and hers is washed maximum once a week.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:32 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My mother uses jojoba oil on hers. Just a drop. She says it works wonders.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:35 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• olice oil
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• 2 months old,it could be cradle cap.. Alot of babies have it. It goes away on its own. After u shampoo it use a baby comb and it will flake off.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• its not cradle cap its just dry
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I used diluted apple cider vinegar as a rinse on my SD's hair. It helpled with the dryness and made the hair softer.
    MrsBLB

Answer by MrsBLB at 2:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My daughter's hair was the same way when she was younger. I would put a little lotion on my hands and work it through her hair and into her scalp. It made her curls more defined and less frizzy. As she got older, we switched to BioSilk on her hair and leave in conditioner to help with the frizz. She no longer has the dry scalp issues.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 9:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Hello. At these ages, it is common to have scalp issues. If you are nursing, it could be partially from the foods you are eating. Baby oil will just coat and not condition. You could try lotion or a cream on the scalp and a good leave in conditioner for the hair. Good luck
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2011