Joint pain while pregnant?

I just got my positive test result today (on three tests!) and I am so excited. Unfortunately one of the symptoms I've had the past few days has been increased joint pain. I am only a couple weeks past ovulation, so this is definitely not from carrying the baby around (I imagine it's a common symptom as the baby gets big!).

Is this a "normal" thing, or should I be worried? My doctor wants me to come in on 3/11 for confirmation. I wonder if I should press for an earlier date.

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Increased blood volume.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• increased joint pain is something that isnt going to go away but it can be caused by a lot of things this early..try taking some regular tylenol and drinking a whole lot of water because it can also be caused by excess sodium...plus your joints shift the whole time you are pregnant to get ready for the different stages or pregnancy...if it makes you feel better though you should call your doctor and express your concerns if they dont act like your concerns are important find another doctor immediately..but first try the tylenol because it is safe for baby at this stage and see if that and water help you out
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• One of my very early symptoms was joint pain and this feeling like every injury I have ever had had just been done all over again. From my torn tendons, pulled ligaments, broken bones and angered back- they all felt brand new for about a month. But then the pain eased up once the hormones to stretch the ligaments kicked in.

Hang in there. And congrats!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011