Does anyone know....

Does anyone know of ways to make extra money while staying at home with your kiddos? Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• what skills do you have? I do translations. I've heard of people doing surveys. Others sell things from home. Others create things at home and then sell them from home. Some people do medical transcripts. Work with what you have.
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• make personailized businesscards and letterheads for area boutiques.
    mamadube

Answer by mamadube at 11:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I know some moms do like the Scentsy thing, or Avon, Mary Kay, stuff like that, but I can't see myself doing that. My cousin does medical transcripts from home, but sometimes there's not a lot of work, and sometimes you can't understand the doctors. Hope this helps!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Op here.... I love to take picture's, bake, and making tie blankets. I have thought about taking family picture's or even doing treat baskets but I'm not sure about how to do that without getting into trouble for not being licensed or whatever.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• one way that has worked for my mom and me is chacha. com you can look it up thru yahoo or google. you make money answering questions. look under guide rolls or how to become a guide. my mom has bad up to 50 dollars a week and only puts in 3 or 4 hours a week. so if you put more time into it the more you make. you dont have to pay anything to start you just sing up take a test to see what roll you would be good for and start making money. at the end of the year if you make more then a sertant amount youll have to file it as income and pay the taxes.
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I have personally tried Mary Kay and it didn't work out too well for me. I LOVE their products, but it is hard to get people to try it. I started selling Scentsy 2 years ago and I am doing way better than I expected. I figured, if I just got my own stuff cheaper it would be worth it, since I love Scentsy, but I am actually making money with this one. PM me if you want more info. I would be happy to share. It has been a great experiance for me and a great company.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2011