NASCAR? I don't get it?!

Share the draw, I don't understand watching it, especially going to watch! It's so loud! Is it the social aspect of it, the traveling, cooking, ect..? We live near PIR & I am always amazed at how many ppl trek out here sometimes weeks in advance in their motorhomes. Kinda like being a parrot-head?

liteofmine71

Asked by liteofmine71 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• It's the feel of the rumble of engines, the smell of the track and cars, the excitement within the crowd itself, meeting your favorite driver, the sounds of the pit crews. And, so much more. It's like anything else people like to do. Think about something you like to do. I guarantee there are others who don't get why you do it. But, you have reasons why you like doing it.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I agree, I don't get the draw of any sport, but I think by far Nascar has to be the worst. Watching cars spin around a track? Yep, that's exciting. About as entertaining as watching paint dry.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• im just always amazed it has such a following..i mean besides the crashes..its just cars going around in a circle.
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 12:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Well, I don't exactly think that 2 men beating blood and spit out of each other is a sport either. But, to some it is. And, I don't call them names or categorize them into a stereotype. I mean - face it - if we were all alike, we'd have one boring-ass world!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:39 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• LOL Oh well, kinda like I don't get watching boxing or hockey. Some like it ,some don't
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Or a Football fan or any other social or sport passion.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I can't stand it too. There is a race track here in GA somewhere & i use to always get invited to go by my red neck co-workers. I would go to the opera before going to see Nascar, or any kind of car racing.

My DH says it sucks & the cheering sucks even worse. He said everyone stands up & sticks their beer can in the air going "WOOOOOOOOOOOO" when their car drives by & that's it. Then you have to sit & wait for however long for your car to come back around so you can once again stick your beer can in the air & go "WOOOOOOOOOOOO".
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i don't consider driving around in circles a sport.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I don't get it either. Just like I don't get wrestling, boxing, golf, and a host of other "sports."
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i love nascar rubbins racin
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2011