I have been on a diet for 5 weeks now and I can't..... help adult content

sorry this is soo tmi but this is crazy.... I can't crap unless I take something to make me go, I just don't get it all the veggies and fruit I am eating what gives???? the whole 5 weeks has been like this.... I take meds 2 times a week to at least go.. so that's all in 1 week!! help please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• How else have you changed what you're eating?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• are you drinking lots of water!!!! you should be drinking a bare minimum of 8 glasses a day of just water
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• remember the cause of constipation is a lack of water in the intestines. also if you take things to make you go too much your intestines won't be able to contract anymore and you'll never be able to go on your own again
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• yeah whoever voted me down...i'm a pre med student. i know what i'm talking about
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• water is huge. If you do not have enough water in your system, your poop will be hard to pass no matter how much fiber you eat. You need fiber + water to make you go.

Also, your body becomes dependent on laxatives. Your body eventually needs them to go if you take them all the time. Quit taking laxatives, drink prune juice, eat yogurt & high fiber foods & drink TONS of water. Use am enema instead of laxatives if you must go. i think your body is becoming dependent on those laxatives from taking them too much.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Not sure why the water got voted down - that very well may be part of your problem. Make sure you have a lot of fiber in your diet, fruit and veggies alone aren't all that matter - whole grains in your bread, cereal, everything. If you're doing one of those low carb gimmicks, that alone may be the problem. Also, if you've added vitamins or supplements - iron, among others will have that effect, and you need even more fiber than you normally would to counteract that as well.

If you have to, use one of the fiber supplement things you can sprinkle in your food, or start eating things that have fiber added - but be aware that using those instead of natural fiber can give you a whole new set of stomach problems - cramping, bloating, a five foot barrier around you nobody dares cross.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I am drinking ONLY water 8 to 12 glasses a day sometimes more!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Eat more fiber

Answer by admckenzie at 11:14 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I have safer "all natrual" products that I sell. If you are interested I will be more then happy to talk to you about them. Just PM me : )
    Mommie-of-2

Answer by Mommie-of-2 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2011