Dd is scared of showers!

She will take a bath until the cows come home, but a shower? NEVER! It kinda grosses me out, b/c I don't like baths, seems like you're just sitting there in your own dirty bath water. Ick! Don't get me wrong, I love a good bubble bath to relax & unwind, but, I prefer to shower for cleaning purposes!

How can I help nudge her into taking a shower over baths? Tips?

liteofmine71

Asked by liteofmine71 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Some kids just don't like showers. Plus, it's been proven that a bath gets you cleaner then a shower. In a bath, you soak off the dirt and dead skin cells, and once off, they do not "stick" back to the body. You can not get the dead skin cells off in a shower.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Why make her do something she doesn't want to do? Just let her have the bath. She's getting clean. If it bothers you that much about the dirty water then discuss it with your doctor. You may have an issue. People have taken baths for thousands of years and not had a problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Maybe get one of those shower heads that can come down and just use like a hose and I hope I did not confuse you. My girls were afraid and just cause they did not like in the eyes. So I hang a towel over the rod and that helps them. Make it fun somehow like beat the timer or turn on some music. buy some nice shower gel and a sponge.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Have you tried installing a hand held sprayer so she has control over where it's spraying? You can sometimes get them for relatively inexpensive.

Answer by missanc at 11:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• That is a good idea. I would even like that! But I have visions of her hosing down the dogs, the bathroom when I blink my eye. Lol. Thanks! :o)
    liteofmine71

Comment by liteofmine71 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Feb. 17, 2011