Sick child advice..... adult content

it is now 10:06am Thursday. 6y/o caught the bug his entire school has been passing around. Puking hourly, mucous only at this point. Not even taking sips of water anymore. Up all night. Last night was FINE, went out to dinner and then to an indoor park and had a terrific day at school. Bed at 8pm and has been up from 1am til now. Just back from dr to make sure it's nothing serious or involves strep throat (all clear!) SO..... what are the chances he'll be 100% better and able to hop an airplane Saturday at 4:45pm? I am officially out a SHITLOAD of money now regardless (special radisson hotel and waterpark passes) I am used to his typical illnesses (asthma, food allergies, nightmares) we haven't had an ILLNESS illness in our home in years. I am lost and terrified and not sure what to do. blahhh!!!

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I am praying for a 24 hour. How long has it been lasting everyone else?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• first off nothing you can do about a sick kid and that happens. But might be fine by then and just watch what he eats and drinks. Also if doctors note if sick some airlines will work with you and some companies will to since does not want a sick kid there. Does not hurt to try. As for eating just stick to toast, soup, just bland foods, rest, lots of hand santizer and if can keep home from school till trip and that might help some.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• aww, I hope he feels better soon.
    Well..not sure if its the sme thing or not but...the little girl I babysit for was just sick with vomiting.
    She threw up at home during the night on Monday night...she threw up again at my house Tuesday morning(went straight home after that),she threw up on her way back home in her moms car and that was the last time she threw up.She didn't eat anything yesturday and is back at my house today and seems fine..other than not eating as much as she normally would.
    So..if your son was sick last night..he'll probably still be recovering tomorrow..so I would say he'd be good to go for Saturday!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• O.K. start with some chicken noodle soup,broth only. No orange juice. A nice warm bath.put him in a nice cozy blanket. Put the soup in a cup so he can drink it. Does he have a fever? This soup has medicinal purposes doctors recommend only this soup. Keep his diet intake light. Give him crackers,they help to. If u have any questions,u can message me.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Lots of rest, vitamin c-foods with it,soup. I would give him ice pops-i use sugar free let the child have them, crackers. You still have a chance, just nurse him back to good health, I would let him rest until then, all the tv, video game and ice pops he wants, or freeze gatorade in a ice cube tray and give him them....

Good luck...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• good luck!
    i had one son throwing up about every hour for just monday morning, then another threw up once the next day at school.
    i have not had any recurring sicknesses. your poor son! i gave them lots of water. when they were hungry, i let them eat what ever they wanted.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2011