I'm young, not married, no sex life am I just supposed to remain sex free until I find a husband? adult content

As a Christian woman, I'm trying to live the 'right' way. I don't see any men in sight that I'd want to date.
I haven't had sex since 2006. I'm frustrated! I don't want to disappoint God. But, I want to experience all the pleasures of sex.
Help! Is there anyone in this situation? What do you do?

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's a tough one, and it's one that only you can really answer. I waited, and I know TONS of women that waited as well. It was worth it for me, and it will definitely be worth it to the right guy. There are a lot of pros to waiting, but there are cons too, like you don't get to go out and have sex right now. It's up to you to decide if your beliefs are strong enough to want to wait it out.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Holy smokes..5 years without sex?
    First..I think its a wonderful thing that you've committed yourself to..and its not an easy road to take..but obviously you've had the will power to do it.So, good for you.
    I know I can't say what is wrong or right for someone else and thier choices in life. If it were ME and I stuck it out that long..I wouldn't want to ruin it by giving in..because I'd probably feel really guilty....UNLESS it was truly worth it,lol. Like it was with a man that I had true feelings for..and he was good at it,lol.
    The only one that can truly answer this question for you is you.What do YOU want to do?
    Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Look at it this way,u r not a slut so no stds! There is a christian dating club u can join. I saw it on t.v.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I would definitely wait. It is more than worth it! Having been single mother, I know it gets lonely though. Is there a local church that has an adult singles group? Mine did not, so I started going attending the Tuesday night fellowship of the adult singles at another church - there were lots of adults there that came just to the singles time and attended different churches on Sunday. There are also the Christian online dating services, but be very wary if you decide to go that route!

Bree - there are some of us who are very strong, conservative Christians that interpret those verses differently. It was discussed on religious debate a day or two ago.

Answer by missanc at 11:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i would say try a dating website and you might find someone.
    kaygradick2010

Answer by kaygradick2010 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I would not jump into a relationship for sex. You should try to be patient and wait for the right man. I know it has to be hard but it would be the best thing to do in my opinion.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I'd try and find a singles group at your church or a church with similar beliefs or a Christian singles website (be careful but I'm sure you already know to use wisdom and discernment there). Anyway, as far as masturbation is concerned here's an article about it. The whole website is good but this section is specific for that topic. Hope it helps :)
    http://site.themarriagebed.com/sexuality/masturbation-overview (sorry, don't know how to make it "clickable')
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 5:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I take care of it myself. I don't think masturbation is a sin. I'm a female and not spilling seed on the ground.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Thanks ladies. I do want to wait until the right Christian man comes along but my fear is that he doesn't exist. people say that there is someone for everyone but that's not true.
    It might be in my cards to be single.
    I just don't want to miss the pleasures in life. LOL Dancer, you know I think that too. 'I'm not a slut" but when I'm feeling lonely it's not a comfort (I know it should be).
    I'll have to find out which Christian dating site is out here.
    Bree vee, as you said toys= masturbation= sin :(

Yes, i will have to pray about it.
    Alexias30

Comment by Alexias30 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I've always heard that masturbation is sinful but I never actually read that in the Bible.
    Does anyone know the verse? (Don't tell me that I've been feeling guilty about someone's opinion not what God has actually instructed).
    Alexias30

Comment by Alexias30 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2011