Why am I having sharp pains in my right leg?

I am 38 weeks and 2 cm dialated and when I stand up or move at all I get a sharp pain down my right leg and my leg feels like it is going to give out on me. Why is this happening and is it normal?

jessicahunt_21

Asked by jessicahunt_21 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like the sciatic nerve. Call your doctor and ask just to make sure.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:27 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Could be the sciatic nerve...could be a blood clot...I'd call the doc up and see what they say.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i have had sciatic nerve problems for the last 7 years and it always bothers my left side not my right...however given the position of the baby it could be sitting on a nerve close to your spine making it tweak everytime you stand up..see if laying on your left side helps relieve the pressure and makes the baby move off of that spot..if it gets worse or doesnt help then i would definitely call your doctor
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 17, 2011