I have so many things to do around the house, it's a disaster!

But I don't know where to start. I just want it all done. I know that's not how it works, but I seem to just shut down when I think about where to start.
Laundry, dishes, mopping, sweeping, toys all over the place, dusting, homework, kids destroying stuff after i've cleaned it! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• And a bad kneed injury...i'm hobbling around. I don't want to hurt it any worse, but this house is driving me crazy. Hub is off to work.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Girl..I'm there too.~~HUGS~~
    Tomorrow is another day.
    At least that wha I told myself when I looked at the pile of laundry by the washer this morning,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• did you get a tax refund yet?? lol... sounds like merry maids time to me baby
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I came to the computer, cause I tried to start, meooma! lol I had to ask the advice of the experts....my fellow mamas out there! lol

hibbingmom....seriously, I found out what my tax return was and we wouldn't have any left if we hired a maid...even for just this time! lol I wish though...cause I totally would!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• ~*Welcome*~... TO MY WORLD

Hubby woke up this morning, and is cleaning out the boys closet!!! I asked him what was in his coffee andcan I have some! So, I guess I'm drinking coffee too and cleaning with HIM
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• realistically, though, it sounds like you're in crisis mode. as long as the dishes aren't furry or moving, they can stay put. switch to disposable bowls, cups, etc for awhile. laundry = hide it so you don't worry about it so much....when I had my knee replaced last year we let the laundry pile SKY HIGH and then at 2am one night my hubby took it to a laundrymat because all of our stuff fit into 1 enormous machine whereas it would take 10-15 loads at home.

as long as the kids aren't sticky, bleeding, or smell so offensive it's bothersome just play with them, relax, heal up. GOOD LUCK!!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Start a load of laundry and the dishwasher. Then choose one corner or one surface to tackle. Attack that one spot with tunnel vision. Then choose another.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:43 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Ever hear of FlyLady? Best crisis cleaning methods I've ever seen. 15 minutes per task.,..then MOVE ON.

www.flylady.net.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I constantly have to tell myself not to look at the big picture because if I do, I shut down completely. I get overwhelmed easily. I just have to make myself focus on one project at a time, or one area. Make a list and prioritize what needs to be done. It feels good to be able to check off something :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Just do what you can. One step and one chore at a time. Maybe husband will help with some when he comes home. Make a game of cleaning the house and if kids are old enough have them help some. Just hang in there and only do what you can.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:57 AM on Feb. 17, 2011