How can I make myself dialate more?

I am 38 weeks and 2 cm how do i make myself finish dialating?

jessicahunt_21

Asked by jessicahunt_21 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Let the baby come when the baby is ready. All that nonsense about walking the baby out, and dialaiting quicker.

Myths, I tell you... Myths.

Good luck and god bless the little one...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• First...I was there with my last pregnancy! I tried everythign I could to make this baby move along..to make myself dialate..and he was still 6 days LATE! LOL So, you can try all the home remedies that you may find out about but I learned..don't be dissappointed if they don't work because when people say the baby will come when the baby is good and ready...thier not lying! LOL
    I tried walking up and down stairs,walking in circles, 100 squats(good lord that one was fun), I did leg stretches..with one leg up on the 3rd stair,LOL..I tried to JUMP...but I only did that ONCE..jumping with a humongous belly..yeah..not a great idea!haha...you can try sitting and bouncing on a big ball!!
    Good Luck and hang in there! Its almost time mama! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• you still have two weeks to go, you will start dialating when labor comes, walking does nothing for you until your contractions have started.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:41 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Nothing.... sorry to say, I know you probably are so ready to be done being pregnant, but the truth is, nothing will make you go into labor unless you're body is ready. When people claim that certain things helped, it was probably just because they were ready- but often they think it was a certain thing. The best thing you can do is to walk, and you could try sex, but even the doctors will NOT induce you before 39 wks to the day, and that's because upholding that standard of practice has greatly reduced the incidence of respiratory distress syndrome in newborns, so if you're only dilated to 2, trust your body knows what it's doing and hang in there another week or so, let that baby cook, it's best for him/her.Good luck, and I totally know what you're going through, those last few weeks are so hard I was ready to go at 37wks, and it was torture to wait and then i was induced at 39wks just because I was impatient. Hang in there.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:47 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Im so sick of hearing ppl get mad at ppl that ask this question if you want to try then try what you can iv seen to many ppl get mad at the moms that ask this question. im 31 weeks and 1 day and i have tryed everything as well lol. I was told the best thing to do is have sex so go and have as much sex as you want but ppl are right about one thing it don't always work but it is worth a try. Good luck hun!
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Tarrahs2011- there are reasons why this kind of thinking are irresponsible. My mom was induced at 41 weeks with me because he just felt "it was time". I came out with a pretty serious case of jaundice because I wasn't ready. You can't dictate when your baby will be done incubating no matter how uncomfortable or impatient you are. And to be trying to induce yourself at 31 weeks is ridiculous! That's way premature!

OP- talk to your doctor and see what he/she recommends.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• shes 38 weeks not 31 shes full term
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Take a long nap / get distracted...

As a Mother you will discover that not everything is controllable / should be controlled.
    There is an important reason you are still pregnant~ your baby & body are not yet ready.
    But they will be, you'll see!

Women can be at 2 or 4 or 5 cm dilated for weeks, months, even.
    OR go from 0 to 10 in a few hours or less...
    No point in checking your dilation if it's going to create expectations. (*Remember that you may decline offers for this invasive unnecessary and risky intervention.)
    Many women ever get checked at all.

You are "at term" but it doesn't guarantee readiness.
    You may need to gestate a ways past your EDD...
    time will tell.

God luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It is my pregnancy and if i feel like i want to try but I didn't mean to cause an argument. people have the right to feel about their pregnancy the way they want, noone should judge them unless they are doing something stupid like drugs or alcohol. thank you for the advice though.
    jessicahunt_21

Comment by jessicahunt_21 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I hear ya.

I also hear you making a judgment in the same sentence where you say: "no one should judge".

Why is adding unnecessary risks to the baby acceptable? Maybe it is / maybe not. Just food for thought.

Hope things work out!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2011