Quitting smoking and diarrhea? sorry, but forewarning extreme TMI inside adult content

so i have been cigarette free for 4 days. today i have some painful diarrhea (painful as in my a-hole is burning) and on top of it i got my period yesterday! so i am just extra miserable and could really use a cigarette LOL but i wont.

so my question is, is it possible my body is ridding itself of the toxins or would that have already happened days ago? i do have quite a slow-moving digestive system normally. i have been eating more chocolate but that contributes to both my period having just started and the quitting smoking, i need something to make me feel good! though i know i need to focus that feeling somewhere else, i have been trying to use cleaning as my craving distraction. but anyway i thought chocolate had the opposite effect anyway.

so could this diarrhea be from quitting smoking or is it probably just change in eating habits, or a combo of both PLUS being on my period? my period usually messes with my bowel movements especially the first few days.

TIA and sorry to get so personal!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Health

• I would think it's just the chocolate and period. I have quit smoking before and never experienced that problem.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I say it the shock of quitting smoking then the increase in chocolate and mother nature visit.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 11:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think it's the period and probably the "stress" (from quitting). Congrats on quitting. Try taking a walk, or munching on carrots....sometimes just using a straw as a "make believe" cigarette can help when you are to the point of wanting to scream. Good Luck !
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think it is a combination of everything. I have known people who quit and they did get diarrhea. It takes several months for the body to get rid of all the toxins. Hang in there!
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 1:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I am going to say probably a combination of everything. The increased chocolate consumption can do it, as well as your period. Hope it passes soon. Keep up the good work with the quitting smoking!!!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 1:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• ok so it is probably a bit of all the new changes lately all mixed together making me feel yucky.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Feb. 17, 2011