I have TOO MANY TOYS~!

How do you decide which toys to get rid of? I have 3 sets of different sized lego blocks, 20 girl purses, baby toys, TONS of cars-big and small, kitchen stuff, stuffed animals, baby dolls, little people and their houses, planes, buses lol......aaaahhhhhh
MIL/FIL got the kids two more cars and a PORCELAIN MINI TINKERBELL TEA SET....?????!!!! Seriously...too many delicate and misc pieces all over the place!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• a month before xmas and also birthday we do a mega sweep of toys/books. anything even remotely broken goes. anything too "babyish" goes, anything that hasn't been touched in 90 days or more goes.

also size..... anything bigger than like a 24 case of soda that comes INTO the playroom as a new item needs to have a similarly sized item removed and donated, tossed, or turned into a yard or sandbox toy
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• First look for any broken toys. Then look for stuff with missing parts. Get rid of those first. Then watch what your kids play with and which ones that are special to them. After that, ask your kids. Explain to them that there are kids who don't have toys to play with and you'd like to donate some to a shelter. Kids really like to help other kids. You'll be surprised at what they'll be willing to part with.
    KeithsGirl721

Answer by KeithsGirl721 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I get rid of stuff right before christmas and easter and get rid of stuff I have not seen them play with for awhile they go bye bye. anything broken or pieces missing they are gone as well. Sometimes the girls will help and other times when they do not help I just do on my own and they miss the stuff since still have plenty of other toys.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Pack some of the toys away for a while and when the kids get tired of the ones they are using then bring out the packed ones out. In other words just rotate them.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2011