Frustrated

have you ever had a moment were you wanted you SO to make a move like ask you to marry him? i am getting so impatient it sounds stupid i know but i want ring to prove to everyone im taken for life lol. dose any one have any ideas on how to drop hints on this subject?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Make it romantic by asking him. I never waited. I just told my x that we were getting married and when. I wasn't in to romance though

Answer by admckenzie at 1:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Let me get this straight, you want a ring to prove to everyone else? You want it for all the wrong reasons it sounds like. Honey, be sure this is where you want to be the rest of your life and I don't see why you can't drop hints. Just be sure its right. I know I made comments like, "you know diamond is my birth stone" "look at that rock its just my size" "its so beautiful and affordable" stuff like that. Good luck.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I don't believe in dropping hints etc to get someone to marry you. Pushing someone (especially a man) into marriage usually ends up biting you in the butt later, I've seen it happen more times then not. Plus why do to need a ring to "prove" to the world he loves you. If you know that, shouldn't that be enough?
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 11:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Hints, schmints. This is the 21st century. ASK HIM.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:43 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You could always just ask him why he's dragging his feet.
    KeithsGirl721

Answer by KeithsGirl721 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• lol ya i guess its stupid to want it to be romantic lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I wouldn't wait years for him to ask, but I wouldn't rush it if it hasn't been that long.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• my brother just asked his gf of 5 years to marry him on Vday......we were screaming we were so happy. I think it takes some longer than others....hang in there...but it's not a bad thing to tell him what you want and how you feel about it! GL! xo
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:48 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Why do you want "proof"? It is so hard for me to fathom that saying. Isn't being with you proof enough that he loves you?? Why do you have to prove that you are taken for life, and especially to everyone else. (I'm not being snotty, just asking) I have a girlfriend who sounded just like you...she got her ring, she still wasn't happy, she got married, still isn't happy, and now she just wants more.... I noticed that you didn't say, "I'm ready to settle down and spend the rest of my life with him, I'm so excited that I just can't wait for him to ask me. IMHO, maybe you should take a step back , and not rush into anything. It sounds (and just by how you worded your question/statement) That you're more worried about what everyone else thinks, and not worried enough about what a huge commitment even getting engaged is. Good Luck to you hun. Brightest Blessings.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I text my bf a picture of the ring I wanted and when he had some money from my dad's life insurance I just told him I wanted to use some of it to get a ring so he went along with it. I bought the ring I wanted. He kept it and got to propose to me on his own time in his own way. He was excited so it didn't take long. and a year later we were married.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 1:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2011