Am I the only who HATES this toddler age?

Even if I composed myself back and remember that's what toddlers do and it's part of their development...GRRRRR. I hate this phase. It's so hard to remember it's not malice and they're just 2...I feel like I could rip his head off and throw it in the trash can somedays. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• UUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it!!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• my son is headbutting, biting and hitting when he gets mad. I am over the tantrums, but otherwise I love this age :)
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• my son at 2 was completely non verbal so we had non stop communication battles and it was torture.

I braced for pure hell w/ my daughter but 2 was a good year mostly because I kept her so busy in swimming and gymnastics she was too tired to get on my nerves much, lol

it gets better, good luck
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• you really need to find ways to de-stress if you are this upset now. wait til they turn 3, then 4. it gets worse, so if you hate it this much now, please find some way to manage your impatience. at the end of the day theyre just children.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• lol the toddler years are sometimes a real pain in the a**. and te terrible 2s have nothing on the horrible 3s. dont worry just take a deep breath. no matter what you still love the little ones and just think before long they are grown up and you will miss these years dearly. i already do with my 4 year old.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• it'll pass! believe me! It'll pass lol. My son will be 3 in April and I I certainly experienced what the true "terrible 2's" is all about. Has nothing to do with temper tantrums... goes waaaaaay beyond that. But, ds is getting over a lot of the stuff that made my hair turn gray lol. In fact yesterday, at Walmart, he refused to sit in the cart but he was such a good boy following me or holding onto the cart. He only ran off once and it was down an almost-empty aisle, the aisle we were in. he knew to stop and wait for me! I thought "who is this kid" lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Depends on the child, his or her temperament, the way the situation is handled etc. My oldest daughter had the TERRIBLE twos. My youngest is really easy. She throws a mild temper tantrum every now and then. She hardly ever hits, scratches or bites. Its nice. I believe temperament has a LOT to do with it.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 11:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• There are good and bad things about all stages kids go through. If you think 2 if bad, you just wait until the tween/teen years! Personally, I like seeing their little personalities developing and hearing the cute things they say. My oldest has autism and the toddler years were very difficult, but even with him there were high points.

Answer by missanc at 11:57 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I dont want to make things go TOO fast.... But I am ready for the next stage. The stage where they begin to halfway listen and you can ground them and they understand you mean business. lol.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I love it. My 2 y/o is very sweet and loving most times but, she can be a turd too.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2011