• In the Spotlight:

Where have all the good men gone?

Are there any MEN that know how to treat women right anymore. What is with this I see it all the time & first hand through my friends who will think they have met the right man but end up getting hurt. Yes I know there are good MEN out there but how rare is that?! It seems like men nowadays don't know how to treat women or be loving, faithful, honest, caring well you get the point.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Those are already married to the lucky ones, or gay

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i have a good husband, still opens doors and puts me first.
    i think it just might be who you are attracting, when i was younger i some how always attracted all the losers and said the same thing, then i changed my mind set and all of a sudden my husband came =)

good luck! and don't let those losers get you down!
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think a relationship works both ways, I have seen my girlfriends get hurt also, but they weren't 100% innocent in the relationship. I was told when I was younger, "You have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince, but just think of all those frogs that are kissing princesses and finding out they are still a frog". Most of my friends are single guys, and it is just as hard for them to find a "good woman" with the same qualities you just named.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• "It seems like men nowadays don't know how to treat women or be loving, faithful, honest, caring well you get the point."

I think a lot of women these days don't expect a man to treat them well, so the men don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• All the good men are at work right now. lol

Seriously don't put them all together like that. There are plenty of good men out there just as there are good women. You just need to be patient and be youself and wait for the right one to come along. Put yourself out there and have fun.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 12:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• They're all taken! I'm at the point of giving up, myself, and I'm only 22. The last boyfriend I had was the best boyfriend I've had, and he turned out to be a mind-changer - the guy's my best friend now, but he broke my heart and he still knows how to hurt me (and can if he wants to). He's an incredible guy but he's not boyfriend material - seems like that's the case for every freaking guy out there.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I am one of the lucky ones. But, I had to go through a lot to get to him. Such as a 25+ yr marriage to a bad one.I think part of the problem lies in the fact that so many kids are raised in double-income families. Both parents work, family life becomes hectic...work, sports, activities, general life routine & commitments, etc. I'm not saying that double-income parents aren't good parents. NOT AT ALL! So, pls don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. I'm just saying that life in our society has gotten so busy that there is little time for parents as a couple. So, kids see very little of the actual relationship and what makes it work. We as a society seem to be too busy for all the pleasantries and chivalries. One of my boys opened a door for an elderly woman the other day. She told him what a pleasant gentleman he was and that it seems kids today just don't seem to know to do that anymore.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Im one of the lucky ones :) Mine is wonderful and loving and hard working
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I meet great (single) men through my high school alumni office. I go to alumni lunches and volunteer for the alumni association. You could try something like that or through volunteering at other places. Men tend to stay really busy or hide at home. Not sure how to find the ones that hide but getting out in the world is how to find the others.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I thought i married a good one and i thought i was a lucky one too, but with time his true colors came out and now i don't even recognize him anymore. Maybe one day i will find a good one and hopefully he stays good.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2011