Get my wisdom teeth out tomorrow...

I am going shopping tonight so I can have food to eat...what should I buy? I hate soup so thats out of the question. I'm also 14 weeks pregnant so I need to make sure I'm getting somewhat decent nutrition. Thanks!

ArmyWifeAshlie

Asked by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Health

• mashed pts, cooked peas and carrots, jello, applesauce, oatmeal, ensure drinks, pudding, ice cream, yougut, cottage cheese, soft cookies, rice, canned spagettis o's, baked pts, baked fish should be soft, besides food have things like oragel for the pain. I hope that helps some and you get better soon. I had all my teeth pulled after my third girl and still not know what happened to my teeth but I can eat anything soft. Just relax as much as you can and it will be over soon.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yogurt, pudding, applesauce, oatmeal, anything super soft and not too chunky or full of little "bits" of stuff.
    Do you have an appliance to blend or puree? If so, get your favorite fruits and veggies and make little liquid drinks or smoothies with them.
    I had mine out a couple of years ago, so I remember all the mushy foods well. Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• theres not much u can eat besides soup, ice cream, mashed potatoes and jello. I tried to eat macaroni but i had to chew with my front teeth and then just swallow. it sucked big time. make sure you eat when you take your medicine or you will get really sick from your stomach.

also, i didnt know they could do it while your pregnant. Mine came in when I was pregnant and my dentist said we had to wait.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• yogurt, applesauce, nanas, rice and rice dishes, pasta..... you wont be on soft foods for too long. sweets will help take the edge off. pudding, tapioca. GOOD LUCK!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• do not eat anything that can get pushed down into the extraction sites. No rice, pasta, and things like that. Don't suck through a staw either. It could pull the "plugs" out and you do NOT want to have that happen. Pretty much anything that won't compact while you eat it for a couple days then you can go back to your regular diet as tolerated. ....unless you have stitches....ask your oral surgeon. He or she will probably give you a list of things that are ok or they will at least tell you. Good luck...it isn't always bad.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I am not sure. but i will bump for you
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• thanks! I am terrified! I will only have novacaine and my mouth numbs strangely due to surgery when I was young! Eek!
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Comment by ArmyWifeAshlie (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• thanks y'all!

@brittany- mine are impacted and I am having trouble opening my mouth at times to even talk. They have to come out, and I cant wait until August. :( But novacaine is safe according to my ob/dentist/oral surgeon.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Comment by ArmyWifeAshlie (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You'll be okay, OP...yes it will suck, but think how much better it will be when they're out and you're all healed up!
    I was absolutely petrified of getting mine out to the point where the surgeon was like, "Okay, I am giving you a scrip for Xanax. Please make sure you've taken it on the morning of your surgery before you come the my office". LOLOL.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I didn't think they would take them out while you where pregnant. i thought they had to wait. anyway shakes are good,drink plenty of jucies and milk, have your apple sauce , yogart, ice cream, the yogart sundats are good.
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 12:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2011