Once again Thanks

Thanks all again for all your support and I wanted to share some great news with you. WOOOHOO I got a phone interview call today and next week I will get another interview in person for a job, I am so excited. With our local Communtiy Mental Health Services. Wish me luck, I so need this.

Lisa_Lynn

Asked by Lisa_Lynn at 12:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• good luck. I have learned on the interview a great trick. If its between two candidates the one that specifically states that they want the job is more likely to get it. At the end of the interview when they ask if you have any question tell them very specifically that you really want this job and you feel that this would be a great fit and ask them what concerns they have about you after the interview as to why you might not be the best fit. It is an amazing opportunity to answer objections, understand for the future and often seal the deal.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Hotel, Thanks for the advice. I really need it, First real interview ever.
    Lisa_Lynn

Comment by Lisa_Lynn (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Good luck! I agree with the first poster about trying to engage the interviewers in a conversation. Don't just sit there and only answer questions that they ask you. You need to have questions for them too!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Woohoo! That is so awesome!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Very exciting!

There are great interview tips posted here:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837/forums/171016/General_Discussion

Answer by rkoloms at 9:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Thanks
    Lisa_Lynn

Comment by Lisa_Lynn (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2011