Do you think US Navy should be involved in the Pirates taking over an Oil Rig with $100 Mil oil?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,453785,00.html

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/nov2008/gb20081118_667141.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index+-+temp_top+story

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• If I thought the Special Ops could swoop in there without danger and get the SOB's, then I think that would be AWESEOME.. Alas, this isn't Hollywood and I think having US, Russia, and NATO countries patrolling is the best thing to do. Seems like a lot of Pirates around Somalia and Kenya these days, doesn't it?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I've always wanted to be a pirate...
    Anonymous

• Anon: Move to Somalia, and make your dream a reality.. Arrrrg Maitie.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Do we get to keep the oil? I'm just kidding. I think all nations that can help should help, oops that's the war monger in me. Or would that be helping a foreign country and a good thing.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 2:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Sheri: I think all nations that can help should help, oops that's the war monger in me. Or would that be helping a foreign country and a good thing.

ROFL! I think it depends on which side of the political fence you are on...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Nope dont think they should get involved.

Answer by gemgem at 2:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Nope, we should only do something if it ONLY benefits us. We are a greedy nation and have to uphold our reputation (yeah, forget all the foreign aid and that we are also the most giving country, who cares about that).

Question though, why is a ship carrying such expensive cargo not full of special ops people that can make sure the cargo gets to it's intended port? Wouldn't it make more sense to heavily arm these crews because of the amount of money to be lost?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• nope. whoever owns the rig needs to do something about it
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• of course we should help
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I love it when pirates try to play games with our Navy ships, it makes me laugh. I think since we are part of the UN and NATO that everyone should help in keeping these pirates at bay. I think they should just monitor the situation and if it escalates then they should step in to help out but not do it all on our own.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 2:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2008