What do you think of a school

My dd got sick at school Monday. So they sent her home. I kept her home Tuesday because she said tummy hurt in the morning. but she got better throughout the day. so when i called the absentee hot line it said make requests for homework. I made the request for Monday and Tuesday homework to come home with her older sister. Her sister never got it. My DD went back to school on Wednesday came home with that day's homework. but no spelling or vocabulary words but on her math paper said to practice them. my kids don't get home until a hour after school ends due to bus route. so i called the school of course staff except for janitorial were gone. So i left a message saying my daughter never got her spelling/vocab. nor did she receive homework i requested now she is to test tomorrow which is Today and no idea what the words are. My daughter gets great grades on spelling i am worried about how this is going to affect her grade. I never got a call back so i emailed the teacher to. So far nothing. I told the teacher if she fails this test i am going to be upset i know she can retest tomorrow but she usually studies all week not a 1 night cramming session. Anyone else have this happen?

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yep. I think at this time of year its really hard on everyone though. Kids are all sick, some teachers are as well, so theres more miscommunication just because of the volume of kids out sick. I would explain to the teacher you would like your dd to have the weekend to study and to retest on Monday so she can have a fair amount of time to study.

Answer by gemgem at 12:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• there are words for this week. she hand wrote the note on top of the math homework page. she will not do that if there is no words. my daughter is a good speller but they have words she has not seen before so it does not always work.
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• well the teacher finally emailed then had audacity to get onto me for calling when she was out of class. well i did not know anything until after my daughter got home from school. sometimes these teachers make me so mad
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• No. But it is entirely possible that there were no spelling or vocab words for the week. My son never studied his spelling and would pass on the first test (pretest) so he never had to take the rest of the tests that week. If your daughter is a good speller, she may not have any problems with the words or test.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2011