1st Interview ?

I received a call about a phone interview, she said she will call again next week for a personal interview. What tips, hints anything do you have for me, first real interview. Please help me. Thanks

Lisa_Lynn

Asked by Lisa_Lynn at 12:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• make sure you dress appropriately and prepare some good "weaknesses" that actually sound like strengths..research the company so that you sound knowledgeable and can convince them you are the best one for the job.
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 12:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I hope she gave a date and time so you can be prepared if it will be a phone interview. It would be best if you were able to be at home in a quiet environment without distractions. I'd be thinking about things like what are your strengths and weaknesses? I'd have a copy of my resume in front of me in case they refer to it. I'd research the company and know how I could be an asset to the company if hired. The main thing is to relax.
    Anonymous

• She already called me for the phone interview and it wasnt expected, but it was all quite in here at home. Thanks, Great things to think about.
    Lisa_Lynn

Comment by Lisa_Lynn (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• good luck
    peekab00

Answer by peekab00 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Do your research on the company and position, so you can be prepared with great questions to ask, and great answers to give. Look for connections to current or former employees of the company in your Linkedin network; to get "inside scoop". Do you have any friends in HR? Ask one to do a mock interview with you.

I do career and job search coaching (I never charge CafeMoms for my services); feel free to ask me any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 9:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Thanks
    Lisa_Lynn

Comment by Lisa_Lynn (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2011