MP3 player/ IPod

I have been thinking about getting an MP3 Player or an IPod but I would like some advice from you ladies. Which one would be better? How much does one cost? How much is it to put music on it?? Can you guys please tell me your experience with either one. Thanks ladies!!

jnb71584

Asked by jnb71584 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Entertainment

• I just have an ipod shuffle. It's about 50 bucks. I use Itunes and most of the songs are around one dollar.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• What you get depends on how you want to use it. Do you want it just for music? Videos? Files? Apps? If you want just music, any generic MP3 player will work fine. Something to look for is what kind of batteries it takes, whether it's rechargeable (you'll want rechargeable if you're using it a lot, since they can go through quite a few batteries), and how user-friendly the software and/or transfer process is (some require software, some use the simple drag & drop technique). As far as cost of music, it depends again on what you want. If you have music already, on CDs or on your computer, you can just import those into the software or drag them to the MP3 hardware file when it's plugged in to the computer.

I only have experience with iPods, and I like them a lot. iTunes is easy to use, Apple is good quality, and there are iPods to suit every need, from the Shuffle (random, no set play list) to the Touch (does EVERYTHING).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Oh and something not to expensive please.
    jnb71584

Comment by jnb71584 (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Had an Ipod really enjoyed it, easy to use and have quite a few of the extras (car hookup, external speakers). Gave it to my DS to use and hubby surprised me with an MP3 player. none of the extras work with it but I did figure out how to convert my ITunes library, which actually is an advantage now my music can go on my phone, cd's and the MP3 player.

The one disadvantage to Itunes can be that the music is not compatible with anything but Ipods but they are so common that even that doesn't have to be a problem

Amazon, eMusic and other sites sell music for the same price as ITunes but in the more widely used MP# and other formats.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 1:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Out of the two choices IPod it's user friendly but I really like my DH's Zune
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I have a Zune. It's one of the older ones. It's a 120GB so it holds so much stuff. I have tons of music, pictures, movies, and TV shows on it. I love it. They have the new Zune HDs out now too. Those are nice but kind of pricey.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011