Just curious?

Do you answer questions on here when you don't really have an answer?
Like when someone asked do you have a bar thing they neeed for some game on the computer. People answered no never heard of it. why answer at all if you don't really know what they are talking about.

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in About CafeMom

• As the OP if you ask yes or no in a question, any one has a right to answer the question. =/

It annoys the shit out of me too, but depending on the way the OP words it, I can't help but not get mad at most posters.

If you don't want people to respond if they don't have any information pertaining to the question, post that with the question. This usually cuts back on the random people responding, or has with my experience.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I don't think it's a power trip as suggested above. I think the main reason people do that is to show support. Like " I read your question and I'm not ignoring you, I just don't have an answer." A verbal bump if you will. Ironically if no one responded people would be here asking why their question is being ignored.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I will say something like no or have not heard of it. I want the OP to know I took time to read her question. When I respond like that I usually bump the question hoping she gets her answers.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• No, if, I don't know anything about subject I don't reply.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 1:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• there are sometimes I will....I'm new...so some days I like to meet my quota lol.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• This usually cuts back on the random people responding, or has with my experience.

I've seen the opposite - the more people request only a certain qualification in responses, the better the chance people who have no idea or don't approve of whatever the question is about will answer just to point out the OP (whoever the op is) isn't in charge.

Better to just let the answers speak for themselves - the ones who really don't have a valid answer usually end up hidden by the end of the day.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• If I don't have an answer that will help then I don't answer. I just won't waste their time or mine.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• As with Liamsmommie, I like to let them know I took the time to read their post. It's not fun if you're completely ignored.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2011