WYR check out books from the library or buy them from a bookstore?

wishbearmom

Asked by wishbearmom at 1:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in

• check them out from the library.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 1:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• For my kids, buy them so I don't have to worry about them being lost or mishandled and they get attached and don't like to give back. For myself, library only. Waste of money on something I will only read once where the kids read the same books over and over again. I do read books to my kids AT the library but I don't like to check theirs out if I can help it.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• check them out

Answer by admckenzie at 1:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It depends. If it's a book I'm likely to read over and over, I prefer to buy it. If I'm not sure, I prefer to check it out from the library.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• depends, if it's part of a series I like to buy it and the whole series, because I will usually read them over and over, if not i like the library.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Book store. I hate going to the library and finding out that the book I am after has been checked out.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Book store. I work at an independent new/used bookstore, so used books with my discount...no real reason not to buy if it's something I want, lol. And sure beats making an extra trip to the library since I'm there anyway. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I love to collect books! I would rather buy them and better yet buy them used so they cost less
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Library. I only read them once and I move every few years. Plus they don't cost me anything. It's a pain to have to restock my bookshelves every 3 years.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Library although during the summer if I find a good book at a garage sale, I'll buy it. I do find a couple books at thrift stores year round though for all 3 of us(dh, myself and our son). Holidays we enjoy borrowing movies from the library.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011