Not constipated at all. But anyone know medical reason for bowel movement only once a week.

I feel fine and not even constipated and still eating and never feel bad but only go once a week. someone I think told me a medical condition but can not remember the name. something I should worry about or not? thanks

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 1:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Health

• Are you getting enough fiber?
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 1:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Talk to your doctor. Are you eating a full days worth of calories?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You're holding a lot of toxins in your body when you only have a bowel movement once a week. I'd definitely talk to a doctor if I were you.

Make sure you're getting enough fiber and water. Do you have hemorrhoids? Have you tried just taking some Correctol and seeing if that gives you a BM?
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• you don not have to feel constipated to be constipated...I found that out from my Dr., All I can say is see a dr. or call your insurance companies nurse hotline and ask a nurse
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, make sure you're drinking enough fluids. Diet change alone can sometimes improve the frequency of your bowel movements.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• everyone has a different...schedule... I think if you've always been this way, and there is no pain and no problem going when you do - it's probably fine

if it's something kinda new then have it checked out
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2011