My baby crys all the time even when I hold her...but she will stop when I put the bottle in her mouth What should I do?

I give her a passy she just spits it out....I feed her 4oz bottle she eats all and then 1 hour later she wants to eat again but I can't feed her till 2 or 3 hours later because if I feed her within 1 hour she will throw up everything that she has ate....but she will take the passy but then she will spit it back out and won't take it anymore....

She loves to be swaddled...but she still acts like she wants more food and when I put cereal in it she will puck even more

I burp her constantly and every time after she eats her belly is still grawlling and she is a month old she will be 2 month's on the 18th of this month

Jaylynsmommy

Asked by Jaylynsmommy at 1:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's hungry feed her, if you think she's eating to much try a passy. Maybe she just like to suck for soothing. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 1:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Do you think your baby could have acid reflux or colic ? Is your baby over tired, over stimulated? hungry ? wet? my baby had sensory issues even that little and needed ultra soft clothes on.. also couldn't stand smells like sooth lavender would make him cry from over stimulation/scent..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• If she's not truly hungry you can try giving her a pacifier.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• when I knew he wasnt hungry & had a dry butt, a pacifier & swaddling worked with my little guy
    bluerubychick

Answer by bluerubychick at 1:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• All babies grow at differnt rates she could just be hungry all the time formula is sometimes best when you put rice or oatmeal which could make it more satisfying. GL
    KaySchock

Answer by KaySchock at 1:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think you may not be burping her enough. Take multiple breaks during each feeding & Burp, Burp & Burp again. I think she may be gassy & complaining about it. She may only get relief when she eats so that's what she is asking for, so Burp well.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• How old is your LO, sounds like a newborn, newborns want to suck constantly. Rule out reflux or dairy issues and then work on maybe letting baby suck on your finger instead of the paci.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I burp her constantly...and she is a month old she will me 2 on the 18th of this month
    Jaylynsmommy

Comment by Jaylynsmommy (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Have you tried the gas drops for babies? Just go to the pharmacy and ask the pharmacist to show them to you and then give her the proper dose after every feeding. It can also help to burp her after every ounce- feeding will take longer but it may help her from getting gassy. If none of that helps I would talk to your pediatrician because she may have reflux and need medication or a different formula. Also, she may want to suck but maybe she doesn't like her paci. My dd used the paci from the hospital at first and then she didn't like it anymore so we switched to a different brand, so you could try a different type of paci for her. Or you can offer her your clean pinky finger to suck on, too. Good luck, I know it's frustrating but keep working at it and trying to figure out her cues and I am sure you can get it sorted out.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I would take her to the doc. and talk about the sypmtoms. She may have a milk allergy, acid refux, or colic. Theres things you can do to improve them, good luck.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2011