Do you think liquid diets like slim fast are unhealthy?

Momxoxoxo

Asked by Momxoxoxo at 1:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It's not the best idea, and it's not a permanent way to keep the weight off. As soon as you resume eating normal foods, you'll gain back the weight, plus more, because you've slowed your metabolism. Consider a weight loss plan that includes PERMANENT changes and a balanced diet. Anything promising quick results will only be a temporary fix.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• yes i do...eating right isnt easy but eating right for our body is the best way to be healthy :) to me thats alot of raw fruits and veggies, lean meat and no sugars or white flour...but alot of people have a hard time with that...
    KPrice777

Answer by KPrice777 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Slim fast isn't a liquid diet its two replacement shakes and a sensible meal. My doctor told me its pretty good for you though he recommended a few vitamins necessary when doing any kind of diet.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 1:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Are they "healthy"? Not really. But they are healthier than some other options.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I don't but at the same time it's also REALLY easy to measure out portions and cook healthy for yourself. It's something you'd need to learn to do to keep the weight off any way, why not start the "diet" that way?

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i think if you try to live of slim fast alone then yes, it'd be unhealthy.
    i agree with the whole eating a balanced/everything in moderation diet.
    and if you're trying to lose weight then i don't see why you couldn't use a can of slim fast to replace a single meal. preferably not breakfast though. but that's just my opinion.

i'm personally on that "rare" mission to try to gain weight. so i usually drink Ensure Plus along with or in between my meals.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 1:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• **live off of. (typo)
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 1:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• If used according to directions, it won't harm you, but you will never learn how to eat properly to maintain a healthy weight with quick-fixes like slim-fast.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I agree with some of the pp's. It's not really unhealthy. Youjust need to know how to eat healthy. That's why so many people gain weight back after programs such as Jenny Craig or something like that. Just eat sensibly, exercise and stick to it. The weight will start coming off. Good luck
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• slim fast isn't exactly a liquid diet...it says to eat something small with the shakes

I just think they are pointless...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2011