What do you do when your hubby does not LISTEN??

I really tried to tell hubby that I think I am depressed .... he is not listening ... I cry a lot.. i see myself in the mirror and it is not who I think I am ... I really do not want to be bothered with him or the kids... i just need some alone time... how do I get him to see this and not have him have an attitude and say I am being stubborn or cranky??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm not sure...maybe he doesn't understand the extent of your depression, maybe he thinks its just a short phase?? I would catch him when he's not doing anything and the kids are occupied and look deep in his eyes and tell him again.
    Anonymous

• talk to everyone in your life about it , then maybe he'll realize you need some hepl.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• That is really sad that all he can say is that you are being cranky or stubborn...
    Gee does that make you cry more. It is important that he hears you, about this and anything else that is important to you. How do you get him to listen, shit did he ever listen to you in the past..I would go talk to someone alone and then maybe if needed he can join you. good luck
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I think you should see a dr and talk to them about this, could be hormonal, could be going thru a rut, could be a lot of things....
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I agree. You should make an appt. to talk to someone about it. If a therapist can help you get control over your emotions then maybe he/she can help you figure out the best way to talk to your husband about what you're going through.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I think men just suck!!! feeling the same way, just need time for ME!!
    Anonymous