Did your pets like to lay on you when you were pregnant

my big dog lays behind me but the little one loves to lay on my side and lick my tummy when the baby kicks and moves around anyone else experience this

ahsot1230

Asked by ahsot1230 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pets

• When i was pregnant with my first i had a pet bird that had to sit on my shoulder all the time. when I went into the hospitol to deliver my bird died .
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 2:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My cat never likes to cuddle. When I was pregnant, he wouldn't leave me alone. He was always laying on my belly and wouldn't move. As soon as I had the baby, he stopped doing it. When I got pregnant again, same thing. Since then he will very rarely come and lay on my belly and I freak out that he can sense I am pregnant and I don't know yet.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I had a cat who HATES people normally - she'll run and hide from them - but when I was pregnant, she LOVED me. She'd come sit next to me and occasionally curl up on my lap. I think they sense the hormones.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yep - my cat I had when I got preg. with my 1st knew I was pregnant before I did. she always used to lay on my lap but closer to my knees - when I was preg. she started laying right up against my stomach. she's part of the reason I took a preg test. one of the cats we have now, he wont come near me when im preg. with #2 & #3, he completely avoided me the entire time.
    bluerubychick

Answer by bluerubychick at 2:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My cats did this too - especially our deaf one, she would spend hours kneading my tummy....
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yes, I have a small dog and when I was pregnant he would sit up in the chair with me and lay his head on my tummy and he stayed there for hours...it was a wonderful picture
    Jaylynsmommy

Answer by Jaylynsmommy at 2:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I went to my friends house one day and her dog wouldnt leave me alone for nothing! I would hide in her room adn he broke the door now. I didnt know why he wouldnt leave me alone. Well a few weeks later I got sick and so on and took a test and found out I was pregnant. So I told my friend and thats when we found out why her dog wouldnt leave me alone. We wanted to see what her dog would do when I went back over there since I already knew I was pregnat. Well he did the same thing. Wouldnt leave me alont for NOTHING!
    SouthernCharm04

Answer by SouthernCharm04 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I had a cat whose favorite place to sleep was my stomach. I was sure Kiddie would flip the first time my daughter kicked but it made no differance. Kiddie continued to sleep there through out the majority of my pregnancy. I don't know that she did it more then normal though.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• When I was pregnant, my collie, Maggie, used to lay on my belly and lick me and I had no problem with it. My horses used to put their ears against my belly to.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011