For hairdressers and those who know a little about weave, tracks, what have you.

So I'm looking into changing up what I do with my hair. Dh and I agree that cutting and dying my hair is not going to happen. I worked to hard to get it where it is now. 

That being said I've seen some really pretty styles that I would like to try.

I found the picture on a hair site but I blocked out the face because I do not know the lady and I do not want to blast her face all over a site without her knowing. 

What I would like to know is: Is this sowed in? Is it a wig? The curls are gorgeous!! So would I be able to find it pre-curled like that or should I buy human hair and curl it myself? If so, how to I curl it? Iron or with big rollers? Can I buy the hair this color or do you think this is 2 colors blended together?

A lot of questions, I know. But any help is appreciated. I don't trust too many people with my hair. Not even my mom. The 1 person I do trust is on vacation so I want to get everything in order and ready before she comes back to we can just hop to it.

Again, thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I used to work as a hair dresser, and that is a sowed in full weave. It as as though remi hair was used. Remi hair is a very good quality hair. It is sold by the pack and can cost between $30-80 a pack. To achieve the curls, you will need a large iron, and some large rollers. you can do this yourself with some patience.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 5:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I'm no hairdresser but no one else has answered so I'll give it a shot. First off, the hair is really pretty and I hope you are able to achieve that or a really similar look. The curls look like they were in the hair before she put it in though. To be honest, it's doesn't even look like human hair, but that other hair, African Pony, which comes automatically curled. The side part makes me believe it's a sew in and not a wig. Most wigs don't have parts. I think you should be patient and wait until your girl comes back from vaca and show her the pic. Or if there is a way to email/text it to her now, and she can do a consultation with you telling you what you'll need to get this look. Like I said, I'm no hairdresser. And I'm even less qualified since I chopped all my hair off last year going natural. I wore a short afro for about 6 months and now I wear dred looking braids.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Thank you Keisha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I just bought a wig that looks similar to this but it's more full which leads me to believe it's not a wig. I totally understand about not trusting anyone. the only person i do trust is my mom! sadly i'm in texas and she's in new york. so i've stuck to wigs. lol let us know when you do find out! good luck!
    BrookeKRod

Answer by BrookeKRod at 9:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2011