So the Democrats in WI just didn't show up?

Is that really the answer?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/17/teachers-march-wisconsin-capitol-senate-moves-curtail-union-rights/

Yes. It IS fox news. don't like it'? google. What are your thoughts on this political mess?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL I was just reading this. See I told you the Dems wanted to shut down the government. LOL Guess it isn't only federal either.
    I'm sorry, but I just can't feel sorry for these people. When did State workers and teachers become so much better than the rest of us?
    I'm embarrassed for them having mass riots over this. They say they want to compromise? Well I think if you have the choice of paying for a small part of their insurance and retirement or losing jobs, that's a pretty good compromise.
    It really has everything to do with the unions not wanting to lose the power they have. You really see what unions can and will do to keep their power. This would not be happening if the union was not organizing it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Looks like the Dems aren't showing up HERE either!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Looks like the Dems aren't showing up HERE either!! LOL :o) Answer by LoriKeet

LMAO!

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I refuse to follow the WI story. I really can only handle only so much Democratic destruction in one month, and frankly February is plum filled already.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• All I keep thinking about is how the Republicans would have been marinated, skewered and thrown on the flames had they just not shown up for a vote on Health Care.

I think that if an elected official fails to perform their job duties as stipulated by their state, they should be dismissed and a special election should take place.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Are there any Democrats left in WI?

Yes, I live in WI.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I am a Democrat. But I find this behavior unconscionable. If you are elected to do a job, DO IT.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think the democrats finally, did the right thing. I applaud their courage
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Now we know where all those dems from Texas that ran off out of state a while back moved to.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• They are taking a stand with their constituents...

I posted in another group ...I thought if was funny that the COPS were LOOKING for them! lol

IMO, its silly...but they are doing so in order that the bill cannot be voted on....but it WILL get voted on, they cannot stay away forever.....

So, its a gesture to their constituents

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011