What is the best bible translation to get

I currently uses newking james but looking for another for biblestudy

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• i love using the Message and the New Living Translation
    ibelayni

Answer by ibelayni at 2:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I use the NIV and the NLT
    ObiRenKenobi

Answer by ObiRenKenobi at 2:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I have a New International Version Student Bible. I've had it for awhile.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Whichever one you think you'll actually read. All versions have mistranslations from the original text.
    Anonymous

• It really depends on your reading and comprehension level. You need to make sure you understand what's being said so it's different for everyone. I like many versions and to compare verses in each. I currently have a KJV, TNIV, NIV, NASB, and ESV~New Testament/Psalms/Proverbs that I keep with me in my purse. My NASB is a Hebrew-Greek study bible and is my favorite since I can reference the original Hebrew/Greek word and it's meaning. My KJV is a Thompson Chain Reference Bible and I also love that because of all the added aids (too many to list all but a few are archaeological supplement, chart of Jesus' time on the cross, some of the messianic prophesies and their fulfillment. It also comes in different translations if you don't like KJV. There are plenty to choose from. But as I mentioned, my favorite is the NASB Hebrew/Greek Study Bible.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 5:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I use whichever one God leads me to.... right now I am reading NASB but I couple it with The Message and The Mirror Translation and sometimes I use the New Jerusalem for another perspective on the same scripture I am studying.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011