Very hurt,(husband told our friends,he is leaving me soon) HELP

He went to our friends house this week.(drinking) He told them he was going to leave me. He buys silver,and he said he was going to sell it to get money and leave me. That if he stays with me he will never get a house.(i work,but don't make much). Maybe he was too drunk b/c he always says things he doesn't mean. What should I do? If I tell him I know,then he will know my friend told me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell him you know. You and him need to talk ASAP. Don't worry about protecting a friend. Saving the marriage is more important that saving the friendship.
    Anonymous

• Even in a drunken stupor we tend yo say things we feel but normally wouldn't say. I would talk about your relationship with him and ask him how he feels without implying your friends info, good luck hun, hugs.

Answer by older at 2:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• And that's what friends are for! So tell him, if he is leaving you, you should be the first to know, not your friends. Second, if he isn't leaving and was "too drunk" or talking out his A$$ then maybe he should control his drinking! That's embarrassing. Good luck
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i am so sorry you are having to go through this... you need to talk to your husband about this... drunk or not the truth is in there some where... you need to let him know that you know and if that's what he wants then to do it... stand your ground... show him that your not going to be taken down by this as hurt as you may be... i know i would not only be hurt but i would be pissed as hell too... but you don't want this to be weight on your back and hanging over your head... Best of Luck and i hope that everything turns out fine.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• First tell the friends you are going to confront your DH about it. You sould be mad/pissed.
    Go find that silver and hide it.

Answer by louise2 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I feel so sick, I don't even want to see him 2night
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• If it were me I would be pissed and hurt! I don't know if I would want to stay with someone who would tell friends he is leaving me-- but does not have the balls to tell me that to my face- I have to hear about it from said friends instead. I would be waiting at the door to confront him and get into it with him right then and there. Heck I'd probably be mad enough at him to tell him to get the hell out and I'd be pissy enough to keep everything of value and sell it myself to finance my life without him!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• honesty always comes out when they are drunk. if he doesn't want to be in the marriage/relationship anymore you really can't do anything about it. you can't force someone to stay with you. sit him down and ask him was he serious about leaving you and if he says yes then tell him to pack his stuff and there is the door. i know that sounds hard and hurtful but why go thru pain when he doesn't want to be there with you.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I would just ask him. That way you know what you have to do.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Hugs. Just be up front and say, if you plan to leave me, give me notice. It takes a lot of planning when you don't have a lot of money. Dh sounds like a jerk. :(
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011