Ive signed up for a biblestudy group on cafemom and they wouldnt let me join unless they knw what the name of the church i belong to

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in About CafeMom

• That's really odd. JMO though.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• That is pretty crappy, imo. I wouldn't even want to belong to a group like that where you have to prove anything.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I would find a different bible study group, that doesn't sound like one I would like to join. My guess is they are discriminating about who they let in or not. SAD!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• well that is pretty dumb since you might be stuck somewhere with no access to a church and the internet is your prime place to get some felowship.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yeah sounds like you are better off avoiding that group completely. They sound rather judgemental which kind of defeats the purpose of a bible study grroup. Hmmm maybe that should be their first topic.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Seriously?!? I would find another group, or even make your own if you have the time!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• shame on them. some people don't attend church (not that it's a bad thing IMO). But they shouldn't require you to.
    Anonymous

• I have a pretty good guess as to why...besides plain ignorance. They have determined for themselves that some Christians aren't truly Christians (like, ahem, they might be Mormons, etc.) and they don't want to be defiled or risk being brainwashed by the devil's minions. Who wants to be a part of a group like that anyway?
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I'd like to join a bible study group. Can u pm a name of one u r in? Sorry that group was rude.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• There are lots of different groups for Christian women on CafeMom. I'm sure you'll find one that is much more welcoming.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2011