Why are people giving thier heart to idols and not to God?

One of my old classmate said that she gives her heart to her fraternity and not to God?

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• because the idea of God doesn't run every single persons life. sure i believe in God but i know he's not the reason for everything that has happened in my life.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• wow, really? because not everyone believes in God. and, people who do can still give their heart to God and idolize celebrities.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Too many reasons to list, but agree with momofone. Besides how do you know for sure she was speaking literally and not metaphorically??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• because not everyone believes what you do.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Did she come out and directly say "I put my fraternity above God" (And technically it would be sorority since she is a girl). And secondly is it really any of your business? I'm guessing it isn't and you should mind your own walk with your God rather than focus on anyone else's.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• All other god's are considered false idols in (most)God religions, my gods are just as real to me as your gods are to you
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• That's the nature of man and has been since the fall. God gives the reasons in the bible. Don't let it bother you and don't judge others for it. Even Christians do it, intentionally and unintentionally such as idolizing your significant other, money, celebrities, etc..
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 5:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Ummmm maybe because your god doesn't dictate every single persons' life the way you allow your god to dictate your life.
    Some people use their own free will to live how they wish. And really it's not of your business.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• because some don't believe as you do or the person next to you. Some believe that your "God" is nothing more than an idol. Not everyone believes the same thing.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Its like this.... we were created to worship.... many people worship different things trying to fill that void of the needing to worship but often come up void. When we truly worship God He fills the void and the needs in our hearts that nothing or no one else can. So in other words your friend is choosing to give her heart to something she THINKS will fill her but will come up short and empty because a frat cannot give you what only God can give. She is actually looking for love... the only LOVE that fills is God's.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2011